Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Science Court

I started a Science Court dvd today. It really seemed to interest the students. In the past I have had a tough time getting the students to work in the groups of four required to do the assignment, but I spent extra time today preparing the students for what they needed to do. I think it worked out much better because they really seemed to work well together to get the information.

I really am trying to keep in my mind the capabilities of my students. I always expect them to be able to do things they just don't show me they can do. I spent a lot of time giving the students instructions about how they needed to read their worksheet carefully and then share the information they have with the rest of their group.

If they really "get it" they will be able to do it again tomorrow without being prompted.

No comments: