Sunday, February 3, 2008

Why My Class Blogs


My students have been told that creating content for the web allows people from all over the world to view and critique their work. Although my students have not really internalized the fact that their work will be viewed by people, this photo explains their need for a better understanding.

This poster is hanging in our hallway at school. Notice the problem with conventions? The student did not feel the need to check her work to make sure that it was correct. Why? I suspect it is because they feel no one will notice or care.

I think my students need to know that people do see their work and they do care about the quality. Putting their work on the net should make them more careful about what they do.

I bet the student that created this poster is going to wish she had made sure it was correct!

No comments: